City in Nature
We will create a green, liveable and sustainable home for Singaporeans.
- (New) Develop over 130 ha of new parks, and enhance around 170 ha of existing parks with more lush vegetation and natural landscapes.
- Set aside 1000 hectares for green spaces, of which 200 hectares will be new nature parks
- Every household will live just a 10-minute walk from a park.
- One million more trees will be planted across our island, which will sequester another 78,000 tonnes of CO2, providing cleaner air and more shade.
- Working with communities and NGOs to develop programmes to allow people and wildlife to live in harmony.
Today, Singapore is a City in a Garden, and is one of the greenest cities in the world. We set aside large nature reserves, with about a third of our island covered by trees.