- HDB towns will use 15% less energy through measures like the widespread use of smart LED lights and solar energy.
- Beyond HDB towns, we will green 80% of all buildings over the next decade.
- “80-80-80 in 2030” - Green 80% of Singapore’s buildings (by Gross Floor Area) by 2030, 80% of new buildings (by Gross Floor Area) to be SLE buildings from 2030, and best-in-class green buildings to see an 80% improvement in energy efficiency (over 2005 levels) by 2030
(New) 2025 Targets:
- New registrations of diesel cars and taxis to cease from 2025
- 8 EV-Ready Towns with chargers at all HDB carparks by 2025
(New) 2030 Targets:
- All new car and taxi registrations to be of cleaner-energy models from 2030
- Target 60,000 charging points nationwide by 2030, including 40,000 in public carparks and 20,000 in private premises
- Our 2040 vision is to phase out internal combustion engine vehicles, and have all vehicles run on cleaner energy.
- Our solar energy deployment will quadruple by 2025, including covering the rooftops of HDB blocks with solar panels. By 2030, solar energy deployed will be five times that of today, with at least 2 gigawatt-peak, capable of powering over 350,000 households a year.
- Tap green energy sources from the ASEAN region and beyond, through electricity imports
- Increase efficiency with each new generation of gas-fired power plants to reduce emissions (such as through adopting new, advanced, combined-cycle gas turbines)
Depending on the results of our collective actions, and that of the international community, we will review our climate commitments, and seek to achieve net zero emissions as soon as we can. That way, we can punch above our weight, and have a positive environmental impact well beyond our shores.