In support of SDGs:
- Existing HDB towns will use 15% less energy through measures like the widespread use of smart LED lights and solar energy by 2030.
- We are also designing our new HDB towns to be greener and more sustainable. For example, Tengah, Singapore’s newest HDB town and our first smart and sustainable town, will have a centralised cooling system, electric vehicle charging points, and extensive deployment of solar panels.
- “80-80-80 in 2030” Targets (4th Edition of Singapore Green Building Masterplan)
- Green 80% of buildings by Gross Floor Area by 2030
- (New) 80% of new developments to be Super Low Energy (SLE) buildings from 2030
- (New) 80% improvement in energy efficiency over 2005 baseline for best-in-class green buildings by 2030
(New) 2025 Targets:
- New registrations of diesel cars and taxis to cease from 2025
- 8 EV-Ready Towns with chargers at all HDB carparks by 2025
(New) 2030 Targets:
- All new car and taxi registrations to be of cleaner-energy models from 2030
- Target 60,000 charging points nationwide by 2030, including 40,000 in public carparks and 20,000 in private premises
- Our 2040 vision is to phase out internal combustion engine vehicles, and have all vehicles run on cleaner energy.
- Our solar energy deployment will quadruple by 2025, including covering the rooftops of HDB blocks with solar panels. By 2030, solar energy deployed will be five times that of today, with at least 2 gigawatt-peak, capable of powering about 350,000 households a year.
- Tap green energy sources from the ASEAN region and beyond, through electricity imports
- Increase efficiency with each new generation of gas-fired power plants to reduce emissions (such as through adopting new, advanced, combined-cycle gas turbines)
Depending on the results of our collective actions, and that of the international community, we will review our climate commitments, and seek to achieve net zero emissions as soon as we can. That way, we can punch above our weight, and have a positive environmental impact well beyond our shores.